Sunday, January 18, 2009

When your lesson plan goes to h-e-double-hockey-sticks in Sunday School do you go to H*%*?

I have been teaching Gospel Doctrine for the past 8 months and it has been a great experience for me. The Book of Mormon was fantastic to teach, but now we are into the Doctrine and Covenants. This is a little scarier for me. I feel much more comfortable with the BoM over the D&C. So today was my first D&C lesson...

I had a plan...

I thought it was good....

I thought I was ready to teach profound truths (or let the spirit teach profound truths)...

And then...

It all went to heck!!!!!!!

I can't even pinpoint when this happened. Generally I will have the lesson in my head and then I can add or subtract as needed depending on people's responses. This has been working great for about 7 months, but today it just didn't happen.

*sigh*

Oh well. Next time.........

1 comment:

RhubarbLady said...

You're probably harder on yourself than anyone in the class would be towards you. Life is full of frustrations-we can learn to accept that and then move on or we can focus on the frustrations and just get more frustrated. In my opinion: I think your future is safe from certain afterlife areas.