Thursday, January 22, 2009

My trip...

This week I got to be part of an amazing moment in history. This was my view:

We got up early in the morning and migrated en masse to the capitol, like ants to the picnic...



Where's Waldo?...Can you pick me out of this crowd?

What about this one?


Good wishes reigned.

44th President!

(But only the 43rd man to have the office. Also, 0 women. FYI, Chief Justice Roberts did a 2nd swearing in on Wednesday because he mixed up the words of the oath.)

Out with the old...
In with the new...



I love America!
I love the possibilities in America!
I love that America changes and keeps surprising me!

And...Really I didn't make it to Washington this week even though I wanted to be there, but.... "We The People" sure showed up in person and in spirit...



And so did the world:

In Africa...



In Iraq...

In Asia...

I blatantly stole these photos from this website:

You should check it out.


1 comment:

Catherine said...

me gusta the post. I was on my couch watching it from 8:45 - about a half hour after it ended. Then I got in the shower and listened to the commentary. It is so exciting to see something like that, the change, democracy, hope. I'm giddy with possibility.